PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight
At 0928 hrs IST today morning, ISRO successfully launched the 714 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites on board ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV- C37, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
It is the highest number of satellites launched in one single mission anywhere. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the space scientific community and the nation for this proud feat.
This is the thirty eighth consecutive successful mission of PSLV. All the 104 satellites were successfully separated from the PSLV fourth stage in a predetermined sequence. The total number of Indian satellites launched by PSLV now stands at 46.
The imagery from the Cartosat-2 series satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, change detection to bring out geographical and manmade features and various other Land Information System (LIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS) applications.
The data sets could be used for urban planning of 500 cities under the Amrut Planning Scheme. ISRO Nano Satellites, INS-1 and INS-2, were also launched.
In addition, 101 foreign nano satellites from six countries were launched in a significant international dimension. Of these, 96 were from the United States, and 1 each from Israel, Kazakhstan, UAE, the Netherlands and Switzerland. With today's successful launch, the total number of customer satellites from abroad launched by India's PSLV has reached 180.
This mission involved many technical challenges such as realising the launch of a large number of satellites during a single mission within stipulated time frame. Besides, ensuring adequate separation between all the 104 satellites during their orbital injection as well as during their subsequent orbital life was yet another complexity associated with this mission. With this launch, ISRO has further bolstered its impeccable scientific credentials as a reliable partner for space initiatives.
- 4th Intentional day of Yoga was celebrated in 20 cities of Ukraine with lots of enthusiasm and zeal on 21 June 2018. Approximately 4861 people actively participated and yoga Aasnas were performed by the citizens of Ukraine and Indian Students.
- People from Bihar are doing magnificent work abroad.
- Passport Seva Devas on 26-27 June 2018
- The 4th International day of Yoga was celebrated in a grand way holding Yoga Marathon on 23 June 2018 at khreschatyk Street in the heart of City at Mariinsky Park in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- On the occasion of 4th International Day of Yoga, Embassy of India in Ukraine organised Yoga Mela on 21 June at one of the central places, Marinsky part in capital city of Ukraine, Kiev
- Letter writing campaign at international level engaging the Indian diaspora.
- 4th IDY - 3D videos of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, a keen practitioner of Yoga, practicing various Asanas
- Interview with HE Manoj K. Bharti: Breathing benefits of Yoga
- On 21 June 2018, Festival of Yoga at Mariinskyi Park, Kyiv
- Live Streaming of 4th IDY Celebration on 21st June, 2018