Embassy of India in Ukraine, in association with ‘Ananta Medicare’ India organized a seminar on ‘AYURVEDA’ on 28 March, 2018 in Kyiv to project the scope and strength of Ayurveda in Ukraine. The seminar was attended by around 300 persons including government dignitaries, Ayurvedic Centres in Ukraine, health professionals dealing in Ayurveda, companies dealing in Ayurveda products, people interested in Ayurveda and two senior level Ayurveda Experts from ‘AYUSH’ India. The seminar was inaugurated by H.E. Ambassador Manoj K. Bharti.
Ambassador Manoj Bharti, in his address, highlighted the holistic healthcare approach of Ayurveda and the range of Ayurveda therapies effective for common chronic diseases and for preventive & promotive healthcare. Ambassador added “Ayurveda is an ancient, time tested Indian System of Medicine and Healthcare with documented history of use for 3000 years emphasizes on maintaining equilibrium at physical, physiological, psychological, spiritual, and social aspects of an individual”. Ambassador Bharti emphasized on popularizing and including Ayurveda in the education system in Ukraine. He called upon local authorities to recognize Aurvedic medical system in the healthcare system of Ukraine and allow import of Ayurvedic medicines into Ukraine.
Miss Olga Bogomolets, Chairperson of the committee for health in Verkhovna Rada, while addressing the gathering, spoke high of ancient Indian system of medicine Ayurveda. She expressed willingness to work together with India in the field of natural and alternate medicines. She also appreciated the humanitarian assistance given by the Government of India to Ukraine in the form of serums.
Visiting Ayurveda experts from ‘AYUSH’ India in their presentations at the event discussed the possibilities of bilateral cooperation for the promotion of Ayurveda trade, educational courses and profession in Ukraine. They informed that the manufacturing companies of Ayurvedic medicines are regulated in India under the provisions of Drugs & Cosmetics Act, and GMP is mandatory. Some of the Indian companies have also acquired WHO-GMP Certification and are exporting Ayurvedic products to many countries.
The seminar concluded with Q&A session and was widely attended by local print and electronic media.
- 4th Intentional day of Yoga was celebrated in 20 cities of Ukraine with lots of enthusiasm and zeal on 21 June 2018. Approximately 4861 people actively participated and yoga Aasnas were performed by the citizens of Ukraine and Indian Students.
- People from Bihar are doing magnificent work abroad.
- Passport Seva Devas on 26-27 June 2018
- The 4th International day of Yoga was celebrated in a grand way holding Yoga Marathon on 23 June 2018 at khreschatyk Street in the heart of City at Mariinsky Park in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- On the occasion of 4th International Day of Yoga, Embassy of India in Ukraine organised Yoga Mela on 21 June at one of the central places, Marinsky part in capital city of Ukraine, Kiev
- Letter writing campaign at international level engaging the Indian diaspora.
- 4th IDY - 3D videos of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, a keen practitioner of Yoga, practicing various Asanas
- Interview with HE Manoj K. Bharti: Breathing benefits of Yoga
- On 21 June 2018, Festival of Yoga at Mariinskyi Park, Kyiv
- Live Streaming of 4th IDY Celebration on 21st June, 2018